This Company is committed to ensuring the health, safety and welfare of its employees, so far as is reasonably practicable. We also fully accept our responsibility for other persons whose health and safety may be affected by our activities. We will take steps to ensure our statutory duties are met at all times to include the provision of adequate resources to protect both our employees and others who may be affected by our work activities.
Every new employee will be given Health and Safety guidance when they join the Company and each employee will be given refresher information, instruction and training as is necessary to enable the safe performance of work activities.
Adequate facilities and arrangements will be maintained to enable employees to raise issues of Health and Safety.
Competent people will be appointed to assist us in meeting our statutory duties including, where appropriate, specialists from outside the Company. We retain the services of Michael J Errington CMIOSH MIIRSM to provide advice and guidance to the organisation.
Each individual has a legal obligation to take reasonable care for his or her own health and safety and for the safety of others who may be affected by his or hers acts or omissions.
The successful implementation of this policy requires total commitment and co-operation from all levels of management and employees within our company.
• Actively seek the cooperation and suggestions for improvements from all employees in relation to our Health and Safety Policy;
• Provide adequate information, instruction and training to ensure so far as is reasonably practicable the health and safety at work of employees;
• Provide and maintain a safe and healthy working environment, with statutory obligations as a minimum requirement;
• Maintain the workplace in a safe and risk-free condition and provide a safe means of access to and egress from the workplace;
• Have arrangements for ensuring the safe use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances;
• Provide and maintain plant, equipment and systems of works that are safe and without risks to health.
• Conform to rules, procedures and training regarding safe working;
• Use the correct methods of work and not improvise by using methods, tools or equipment which entail unnecessary risks;
• When there is a legal requirement to, or where the nature of the work requires it, wear the protective clothing and equipment specified;
• Report unsafe plant, tools and equipment and unsafe practices or methods of work;
• Report any potential Health and Safety hazard including infections or other diseases, accidents, injuries or concerns associated with the workplace;
• Assist in the maintenance of good housekeeping standards;
• Cooperate with us to enable all statutory duties to be complied with;
• Assist where necessary in the investigation of any accidents that occur.
Our Company arrangements for First Aid, Emergency Evacuation, Fire Safety and Accident Reporting are all displayed on our Company notice boards. These are also contained within our Company Health and Safety Manual.
Our Company Health and Safety Manual contains the detailed organisation and arrangements in relation to all our rules and procedures and you can refer to a copy of this at our office.
This policy will be regularly monitored to ensure that the objectives are achieved. It will be reviewed and, if necessary, revised in the light of legislative or organisational changes.
This will be on a minimum an annual basis.
To download this policy, click here.